A good friend of mine just sent around an email, announcing that he will quit Facebook. He agreed that I put it up. Maybe somebody wants to use it as a template for announcing his or her own withdrawal from the social network. Also, I’m hoping to update this post later once my friend told me how he’s dealing with his new-found isolation/liberation. If you’ve gone through similar experiments, please share your experience. Continue reading
Nothing happeningSadly, I've recently neglected my blog. I'm hoping to write some posts again in the future. In the meantime, I'm sending out thoughts and ideas via twitter (@herrhorn).
- @andybeeching @majann @sotonino @semismike @isapavez @somikabasu @arjunjassal It's time for #esc again, brings back (some) great memories :) 7 hours ago
- RT @dougiegyro: Cool video-> MT @sourceadam: Dev snapshot from Mozambique. What we're up to with Citizen Desk. think Storify + SMS! http://… 1 day ago
- Sympathisch, was @LutzSchumacher so über die "Krise" der Zeitungen sagt: "...irgendwie hat die Situation doch auch was..." #folo2013 1 day ago
- "From Twitter to taxis: building a citizen reporter network in Mozambique" Fascinating report by @SourceAdam sourcefabric.org/en/community/b… 1 day ago
Tagsadvertising Apollo 11 art exhibition Berlin broadcasting communication power Copyright digital divides e-learning education exams Facebook films Free Google higher education history of technology Identity ideology Iran ISPs journalism LSE Marshall McLuhan mass self-communication media events Media Power moon landing museums News Corp. newspapers online collaboration online study groups phone booths privacy Public Discourse Public Service reputation management scarcity/abundance Starbucks stardom/fandom Technology Twitter Virtual Communities Youtube
- Red Facebook! | ThePostOnline on The trouble with Facebook friends
- Social Media and Male Grooming « The Cycling Feminist on Manuel Castells at LSE – Mass Self-Communication
- Advertiser Here | Free General Directories on Peaceful co-existence – Social networks and niche communities
- Advertiser Here | Digital Esxchile on Peaceful co-existence – Social networks and niche communities
- 11 Areas of Election-Related Innovation in Russia | CESPRI 11 Areas of Election-Related Innovation in Russia | Centrul de Studii Politice si Relatii Internationale on Manuel Castells at LSE – Mass Self-Communication
- ICTs and urban life
- “My name is ___, and I’m leaving Facebook.”
- The promises and obstacles of process journalism
- Peaceful co-existence – Social networks and niche communities
- Metropolis – 83 years later and we’re still afraid of machines
- Privacy and innovation – two parts of the same story
- Extremely Green and Incredibly Remote
- Some time off
- German stereotypes – A beer glass full of precision
- Can Google Wave revitalize online debates?
herrhorn.com by Sebastian Horn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.